Skip to:


Rackham Graduate School will be closed for the Thanksgiving holiday at 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 22. We will return at 8:00 a.m. on Monday, November 27. During the holiday, there will be no processing of application materials and no updates to your Wolverine Access account. After we reopen, there will be a delay in processing application materials. Thank you for your patience as we process the high volume of materials.

Guide to Campus and Community

Get to Know Ann Arbor

Grad students share their personal advice on how to get around Ann Arbor, living options, must-sees and must-dos in the area, and their favorite things about Ann Arbor.

Help & Support

If you encounter challenges or problems either academically or in your personal life during your time as a graduate student, there are many resources available to assist you. If you do not find what you need in the information on these pages, we encourage you to contact the Rackham Resolution Officer or the office of Graduate Student Engagement and we can direct you to the appropriate resources.

Mental Health Crisis or Emergency?

If you are in crisis, there is a counselor-on-duty at CAPS at the Michigan Union (3rd Floor) during business hours. If this is an urgent after hours matter, please call CAPS at 734-764-8312 and select "0" to be connected with a crisis counselor. If it is an emergency, please call Psychiatric Emergency Services at 734-936-5900 or dial 911.