Rackham supports graduate students and postdoctoral fellows in developing strategies, plans, and networks to be successful in their professional development during their Michigan experience, and as they transition into their careers. To achieve this, we focus on three key areas: Core Skill Development, Career Exploration, and Job Search Skill Development.
Identify methods to develop important job skills.
We offer workshops and larger initiatives to help develop important job skills. See workshop listings for details by semester.
Communication Skills Training
- Certificate of Graduate Studies Programs
- ICPSR Summer Program in Quantitative Methods of Social Research
- Rackham Interdisciplinary Workshops
- Center for Research on Learning and Teaching
- Sweetland Center for Writing
- Center for Statistical Consultation and Research (CSCAR)
- Teaching & Technology Collaborative
Discover the many options available to graduate students.
Rackham Programs and Resources
- Alumni Profiles
- The Mellon Public Humanities Fellowships
- The Mellon Immersive Experiences
- Rackham Program in Public Scholarship
- Rackham workshops
- Versatile PhD Premium Membership
- What Now? Career Paths for Ph.D.s in the Biological Sciences
- What Now? Career Paths for Ph.D.s in the Humanities
- What Now? Career Paths for Ph.D.s in the Social Sciences
- Preparing Future Faculty
Career Interest Groups
Develop the skills to be successful in your job search.
We offer workshops every semester that cover topics such as CV to Resume, Interviewing, Networking, and Job & Salary Negotiation in both the academic and broader job search. See workshop listings for details by semester.
Career Services Across Campus
- The Career Center
- School of Education Career Services
- Engineering Career Resource Center
- School of Information: Career Services
- School of Music, Theatre & Dance Excel Program
- School of Natural Resources and Environment: Student Career Services
- School of Public Health: Career Services
- Gerald R. Ford School of Public Policy Graduate Career Services
- School of Social Work Career Services
Rackham has multiple methods for you to engage in your professional development: job and career workshops and certificate programs that help you diversify academically.
Examples of the opportunities around campus for professional development that allow students to engage in activities that will enrich their potential for success.
Do you wonder what Rackham alumni do for a living? The varied career options alumni take offer great examples and words of wisdom for current students.
Rackham Professional Development Calendar
Our calendar of campus wide professional development events. Add it to your calendar by clicking the Google Calendar button in the lower, right-hand corner of the calendar.