The Rackham Graduate School has established the Rackham Non-Traditional program to aid master’s students who return to graduate school after an extended absence. Because an interruption in schooling may place such students at a disadvantage in competing for financial assistance awarded at the time of admission, these awards help non-traditional students fund their return to formal education.
Any Rackham master's program on the Ann Arbor campus may nominate up to three students. Nominated students must:
- have been away from academic study toward a formal degree for at least three years, unless the student’s department requires certain courses as a prerequisite within one year of beginning the program;
- be a first- or second-year student in a Rackham master’s program
Selection will be based on academic merit, financial need and motivation to complete the degree. Special consideration will be given to Michigan residents and applicants who have been out of the work force or are changing fields or careers.
October 8, 2015
The award will be equivalent to one term of tuition and associated fees.
Students are nominated by their program for this award. Students may contact their program regarding their selection and nomination process.
Graduate programs nominate students by completing the online nomination and submitting the following:
- Student Achievement and Potential, submitted by the Graduate Chair, addressing the student’s academic potential in his or her field of study, the proposed timetable of study, particularly any plan for part-time study, and the program’s current commitment of support and anticipated support (up to 1,500 words);
- Student’s personal statement specifically addressing reasons for the interruption of studies; academic interests and motivation for returning to school; professional interests; financial need and explanation of how the student’s situation fits within the intent of the fellowship program (up to 1,500 words);
- Copy of admission letter; Curriculum vitae (C.V.).
Questions? Contact the Fellowships Office at (734) 764-8119 or email@example.com
Office hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Friday