Rackham Unclassified Admission
Permission from the instructor of each course is required to register. If you have been denied admission, dismissed, or placed on probation by a Rackham Program you cannot apply to take courses.
Purpose of Rackham Unclassified Admission
Enrollment for 1 term only and limited to 2 courses total (1 course only per department or program).
Requirements for Rackham Unclassified Admission
- Undergraduate Grade Point Average (G.P.A.) minimum of 3.00.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree earned from a regionally accredited institution.
This type of admission is not applicable for international Students on F-1 visas. The current Department of Homeland Security (DHS) requirement for F-1 visa holders is full-time enrollment, which is not applicable for this status.
Departmental Non-Candidate for Degree (NCFD) Admission
Before applying, graduate department or program approval is required.
Purpose of NCFD
Enrollment for 2 terms only in 2 or more courses in a single department or program.
Requirements for NCFD
International students seeking Departmental Non-Candidate must be enrolled full-time (8 hrs per term for Fall and Winter).
For Both Rackham Unclassified and Departmental Non-Candidate for Degree (NCFD) the Following Applies
No courses may be taken in the Department of Psychology or the Ross School of Business under the Rackham Unclassified status. These courses are restricted to degree seeking students only.
Application Materials Necessary for Consideration (submitted through the application)
- An Application Fee of $75 for United States Citizens and Permanent Resident Status and $90 for Non United States Citizens.
- The Statement of Purpose which must include the names and course numbers of the classes requested and purpose for requesting non degree enrollment.
- An official transcript with a bachelor’s or master’s degree posted.
- Resume or CV.
- The Admissions Code of Conduct.
Check with the graduate program regarding GRE scores and letters of recommendation requirements.
In addition to providing the materials stated above, submit:
- Official ECPE, IELTS, MELAB, or TOEFL scores.
- A copy of an I-20, DS-2019, passport, U.S. visa and I-94 card.
Credit Earned In Unclassified, NCFD Status
Courses elected by students in Unclassified NCFD status cannot be counted toward a Rackham degree program unless the student receives regular admission and the graduate chair of the degree program determines that the courses are acceptable. Regular admission is not guaranteed. To be considered, a regular admission application must be submitted.
Tuition and Fee Information
Unclassified NCFD students pay the same tuition as degree-seeking students. Financial Assistance is not provided for Unclassified NCFD students. For tuition information visit the Registrar's Office website.
Before starting the application, create your ApplyWeb account.