January 4, 2016
- Keep my notes organized, and not use cookie-smeared napkins as convenient parchment to write down important bits of information during seminars.
- Do a better job of explaining to my family what it is I do, and how exactly I spend my time. Start convincing my 4-year old niece that her destiny is to become a biologist.
- Read more about the history of my field, how we got to our current state of understanding, and what part we are playing in it.
- Consume less caffeine. Or maybe not.
- Write more, which, as I found last year, is the shortest way to realising where you stand with respect to your project, and what you need to do next.