Funding to Advance Diversity
Funding is available to help support and enable the success of outstanding students from diverse backgrounds. Students must be nominated by their programs for most of these awards. For information contact the Rackham Fellowships Office, (734) 764-8119.
- Rackham Merit Fellowships
- Rackham Merit Fellowships are open to newly admitted students who have a record of superior academic achievement and are U.S. citizens or permanent residents. Admitting departments nominate students for this award. RMF doctoral fellows are eligible to take part in the Summer Institute, an intensive introduction to doctoral study.
- Learn more: Rackham Merit Fellowships
- The King-Chavez-Parks Future Faculty Fellowship Program
- The King-Chavez-Parks Future Faculty Fellowship Program supports the advancement of traditionally underrepresented students who are Michigan residents and are pursuing faculty careers in postsecondary education.
- Learn more: The King-Chavez-Parks Future Faculty Fellowship Program
- Lipschutz, Ayers Host and Olcott Smith Awards
- The Lipschutz, Ayers Host and Olcott Smith Awards support women of exceptional scholarly achievement who are doctoral candidates.
- Learn more: Lipschutz, Ayers Host and Olcott Smith Awards
- Rackham Non-Traditional Fellowships
- Rackham Non-Traditional Fellowships support Michigan residents returning to graduate school after an extended absence of at least five years.
- Learn more: Rackham Non-Traditional Fellowships