If you are a Rackham Ph.D. student seeking reinstatement continue to Reinstatement to a Ph.D. Program.
If you are current U-M Undergraduate seeking Dual Status (CUGS, NUGS, SUGS) continue to our Help Desk article on Dual Status.
Rackham Program Online Application
Current students use the Rackham Program Online Application in the following circumstances:
- Currently in a Rackham certificate program and you are applying to Rackham Master's or Ph.D. program in your current graduate program
- Currently in a Rackham Master's program and you are applying to a Rackham Ph.D. program in your current graduate program
- Applying to a different Rackham program seeking a Certificate, Master's, or Ph.D.
- Applying as a Rackham non-candidate for degree student
- A U-M Rackham Dearborn or U-M Rackham Flint student applying to a Rackham Ann Arbor program seeking a certificate, Master's, or Ph.D.
- An Undergraduate U-M student or a student from a Professional school/college on the Ann Arbor campus seeking a Rackham Certificate, Master's, or Ph.D.
- Previously received a Rackham Degree (alumni) and are applying to another Rackham degree program
- Taken classes through Rackham programs as a CIC Traveling Scholar or through the MIGS program and are now seeking a Rackham Certificate, Master's, or Ph.D.
Change of Status Application
Current Rackham Students complete the Change of Status Application in the following circumstances:
- Currently in a Rackham Ph.D. program changing to the Master’s level in your current graduate program
- A PIBS students changing to a field of specialization
- Currently enrolled in a Student Initiated Dual Program (SIDP) changing back to the original program or to the second program that comprises the SIDP
- Currently enrolled in a Rackham degree program changing to another Rackham degree program at the same level and in the same field of specialization. Requires pre-approval by Rackham Admissions and the proposed graduate program.
Adding a Degree or Certificate
Current Rackham students seeking to add a Degree or Certificate should use the Add a Degree or Certificate Application (Formerly: Dual Degree Application).
Readmission of Previous Rackham Students
Previous Rackham students complete the Readmission Application in the following circumstances:
- You were previously enrolled in a Rackham program, have been absent from the program for over 12 months, and seek to re-enroll in the same Rackham program and degree
Guest or Non-Degree Graduate Study
If you are seeking to apply for Non-Degree Graduate Study please determine the appropriate application to submit.