OK/U-M Postdoctoral Teaching Fellows
As part of a long-standing collaboration between the University of Michigan, Kalamazoo College, and Oberlin College funded by the Mellon Foundation, applications are being accepted for four (4) postdoctoral fellowships at Oberlin College or Kalamazoo College. Students from all fields in the humanities and humanistic social sciences are encouraged to apply. Applicants must have earned the Ph.D. from the University of Michigan at some time after June 1, 2012, or plan to do so no later than August 15, 2014; completion of the degree is a requirement for taking up the fellowship appointment. The positions are designed to support the fellows in developing both their teaching skills and their research programs.
- One-year appointment to teach and conduct research at a major liberal arts college.
- Beginning salary of $46,500 per year.
- Half-time teaching load to free up time for research.
- Guidance and mentoring from an Oberlin College or Kalamazoo College faculty member.
Students with a strong commitment to teaching and a genuine interest in pursuing an academic career are encouraged to apply. Candidates should not indicate a preference for one of the participating institutions over the other. Final selections will be determined collectively by a panel of faculty from U-M, Oberlin College, and Kalamazoo College. Applications must be received by February 17, 2014.
OK/U-M Postdoctoral Teaching Fellow Application Instructions
The application consists of the following information:
- General information (candidate’s contact and recommendation letter writer information)
- Dissertation abstract
- Letter of application outlining the candidate’s research and teaching interests
- Teaching statement describing the candidate’s methods and goals as a teacher
- Curriculum vitae
- Letters of recommendation, including a letter from the dissertation chair that confirms the defense date or the term of previous degree conferral.
All non-Letter of Recommendation information must be submitted online to the Rackham Graduate School by Monday, February 17, 2014. Letters of Recommendation must be submitted online to the Rackham Graduate School by Monday, February 24, 2014.
Questions about the program or the application procedures should be directed to Jessica Rapai at (734) 764-4405 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information regarding the OK/U-M Postdoctoral Teaching FellowshipProgram, please contact:
Rackham Graduate School
University of Michigan
Phone: (734) 764-4405