The Graduate Coordinators Forum was started in Spring 2003 to provide a venue through which graduate coordinators share information, network and suggest enhancements in protocols for graduate student administration.
It is hoped that the events planned for each academic year will be helpful to new as well as established staff working in graduate student administration. There are six forums throughout the year (listed below). Participants can RSVP for each forum by clicking on the link for the forum under "Forum Topic" below. RSVP‘s will be accepted within one month of the listed event.
The Mission of the Graduate Coordinators Forum is to facilitate and support graduate education by promoting exemplary service to graduate students. We seek to create avenues for graduate coordinators to collaborate, learn, strategize, network and affect changes within the University administration. An objective of the forum is to bring together all graduate coordinators from Rackham and other graduate programs to generate proposals for centralizing and standardizing student services information, policies and practices. The forum will establish and foster a network for staff in graduate student administration in support of the University's overall educational mission.
Structure of Forums
- 10:00-10:10 Introductions
- 10:10-11:15 Speaker presentations
- 11:15-12:00 Question/Answer session and networking
Forums will offer presentations by one or more speakers, and some may have a panel discussion.
2016-17 Forum Schedule
- August 9, 2017 (Assembly Hall): Benefits for Graduate Students
- October 11, 2017 (Assembly Hall): Updates from Rackham
- December 13, 2017 (Assembly Hall): Round Table Networking
- February 14, 2018 (East Conference Room): CRLT Programs for Grad Students and International Center
- April 11, 2018 (East Conference Room): Admissions IT Updates
- June 13, 2018 (East Conference Room): Resources for Helping Grad Students
- August 8, 2018 (Assembly Hall): Benefits for Graduate Students
Graduate Forum Planning Committee
- Cynthia Carl, Ecology & Evolutionary Biology
- Laura Flak, Economics
- Anne Hudon, Earth and Environmental Sciences; Chair
- Matt Irelan, Industrial and Operations Engineering
- Michelle Melis, Program in Biomedical Sciences
- Jennifer Nguyen, Linguistics
- Ann Takata, International Institute
Committee E-mail Group: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: October 10, 2017 - 10:39am