For those of you flying in for the conference, you will want to select Detroit Metro airport as your destination. Ann Arbor is a 30 minute drive from the airport.
Transportation to and from the Airport
Cabs are available from the Detroit Metropolitan airport to Ann Arbor. Expect to pay between $50-60 one-way. You can also make arrangements (at least 24 hours in advance of your flight) to take a shuttle:
Public transit service connecting Ann Arbor with Detroit Metro Airport. $12 one way with reservation ($15 walk-on, exact change required). Bus stops at the Blake Transit Center, Kensington Court Hotel, and U-M Central Campus Transit Center in Ann Arbor. See website for schedule.
You may also call 734-663-8898 locally or 866-663-8898 nationally. Two options:
- Airport shuttle: $40 per person from the airport to Ann Arbor, $33 per person from Ann Arbor to the airport, or $63 total when booked roundtrip. They need a contact number for the passenger, the passenger calls when they land and have bags in hand, and the driver gives directions as to where to meet. See website for discounted rates on multiple passengers.
- Yellow Car Service: 734-663-3355. $49 flat rate each way. No additional charge for extra passengers.
Driving Directions to the Conference
From the East
from I-94 exit at State Street (exit 177) (approx. 20 miles from Detroit Metro Airport); go north on State, which will take you into campus. Several parking options are located west of State and north of Madison. Rackham Graduate School, your first destination, can be reached by continuing north on State Street and turning right on Washington. It will be on the left, just before Fletcher Street.
From the North
US-23 to Business M-14 (Main Street). Take Main Street to Huron Street. Turn left (east) on Huron. Turn right on State Street. Several parking options are located west of State Street (from State, turn right on Liberty and left on Thompson to reach the Maynard St. parking structure). To reach Rackham from Huron and State, take a right onto State (south), and then turn left (east) on E. Washington. Rackham is on the left, just before Fletcher Street.
From the West
From I-94, exit at Jackson Road (172), which becomes Huron Street as you travel east. Continue east on Huron. Take a right onto State (south), and then turn left (east) on E. Washington. Rackham is on the left, just before Fletcher Street.
From the South
US-23 to Washtenaw Avenue West exit (exit 37B). After you travel approximately 2-3 miles, there is a fork in the road, splitting into Stadium Blvd and Washtenaw Ave. Stay to the right to continue on Washtenaw. Keep following Washtenaw, which will eventually curve to the left and become E. Huron Street. Take Huron Street to Fletcher Street. Turn left onto Fletcher. Then take your first right, which is Washington Street. Rackham is the large building on your right.
Parking Options for the Conference
If you prefer to drive to the conference, please see the Parking and Transportation Services website. The conference will be held at the Rackham Building, at the corner of E. Washington St., E. Huron and Fletcher Street (J-1 on the central and south campuses map). Possibilities include:
- Palmer Commons Public Parking structure, on Palmer Drive off of Washtenaw Avenue. (M-2 on the map)
- Maynard St. Public Parking structure, between Liberty and William streets and Thompson and Maynard streets. (F-3 on the map)
- The parking lot at Jefferson and Maynard. (G-6 on the map)
- The Fifth Street Public Parking lot between Liberty and William, and Fifth and Division. (D-3 on the map)
- The parking lot at Madison and Thompson. (F-7 on the map)
Public and Campus Transportation
Hotel Shuttle Service
The Holiday Inn and Microtel offer shuttle transportation to and from Central Campus. See your hotel's front desk for availability.
Additional large bus shuttles will be available from the hotels before and after the Sunday evening reception and on Monday and Tuesday before the 9:00a.m. session and after the evening dinner.