Post-Dissertation Defense Meeting: Remote Option
Be aware of the Doctoral Degree Deadlines and allow enough time (at least three working days) for the required materials to be reviewed by Rackham OARD. The posted deadlines are firm, and all doctoral degree requirements, including format revisions must be completed and submitted to OARD by the deadline or another term of registration may be required.
Do not schedule a post-dissertation defense appointment online if you are using the e-mail option.
- Before e-mailing OARD:
- Send an e-mail to email@example.com, providing:
- Your name
- U-M identification number
- In the subject line of the e-mail, please use “Rackham Post-Defense Remote Option.”
- An OARD staff member will e-mail you the link and instructions to submit the complete, final, correctly formatted, digital copy of the dissertation which will be the official copy of record. You will need to copy and paste the text of your abstract during the online submission (note that special characters cannot be accommodated).
- After you submit the dissertation online, An OARD staff member will perform a final format check of your dissertation. If format revisions are required, you will need to make the corrections and re-upload the dissertation.
- Verify that your committee Chair has submitted the Final Oral Examination Report and the Certificate of Dissertation Committee Approval to Rackham OARD.
Students are encouraged to submit the final digital copy of their dissertation to ProQuest/UMI, the world’s largest permanent archive of doctoral dissertations. Abstracts of dissertations submitted to ProQuest are listed with the Library of Congress collections and are published in Dissertation Abstracts International.