Complete this step at least 6 months prior to your defense.
- View your committee on Wolverine Access to verify that it is correct. This can be found on your unofficial transcript or the View My Committee Information link under Student Business: Academic Records.
- If adjustments need to be made, have your program submit a revised dissertation committee form immediately.
Complete this step at least at least 3 weeks prior to your defense.
- Register for the required Pre-defense meeting with Rackham (remote meeting) using the online system at https://secure.rackham.umich.edu/OARD/predef/. You will receive an e-mail with instructions on how to submit your dissertation. Once your dissertation is reviewed, you will receive an e-mail that lists any required formatting revisions and includes attachments containing important information.
Complete this step at least 10 business days prior to your defense.
- Provide your committee with your dissertation and abstract
Complete this step at least 3 days prior to your defense.
- View your committee on Wolverine Access to confirm all members have submitted their evaluation. All members must complete an evaluation before OARD can authorize the defense.
- After confirming all evaluations have been received, and before your defense, print Oral Report form from web after receiving e-mail that it is ready to print, and take to Oral Defense. The Oral Report form must be signed by your committee members at the oral defense.