Having problems or concerns related to your academic or personal life? Perhaps I can help. My role as Rackham’s Ombuds is to help graduate students and postdocs resolve a wide range of concerns, problems, or conflicts. Perhaps you are trying to manage an interpersonal conflict with your advisor, or are experiencing a family crisis. No matter the issue - big or small - the Ombuds is here to assist. The services of the Ombuds are available to all Rackham graduate students and postdocs. Please note that the Ombuds provides a confidential and neutral place to express concerns. I work with individuals to identify steps to achieve a timely and fair resolution.
Contact Rackham’s Graduate Student and Postdoctoral Fellow Ombuds if you:
- Have a problem or conflict involving the University and don't know where to go to solve it
- Feel your concerns are not being heard
- Need information about policies and procedures affecting you
- Believe your rights have been violated or you have not been given due process
- Need help to resolve or mediate a dispute with faculty or administrative staff
- Feel you have been treated unfairly or insensitively
- Have a death in the family or other personal or family emergency and you are seeking resources for assistance
I encourage you to contact me at the earliest stages of a problem so that I can assist before your problem escalates.
Stop by or call today! You can contact me by e-mail, or by phone, 936-1647. Please remember that e-mail is not recommended for confidential discussions.
About the Author
Darlene Ray-Johnson, Ombudsperson, Rackham Graduate School
Published in: Resources and Events