"I Received Funding, Now What?" Once you have been awarded funding, here is a checklist of tasks you may need to do:
- Contact the funding source to accept the award and verify that everything is set for your funding to begin.
- Confirm if the funding will be released directly to you or to your institution.
- Notify your faculty advisor and the graduate coordinator in your program about your award. They may want to publish your accomplishments.
- Contact the U-M Office of Financial Aid (OFA) to understand how your fellowship will affect your loan amounts. Some sponsored fellowships are distributed through OFA. Check to be sure you have correctly filed a FAFSA and completed a promissory note, if needed.
- Log into U-M Wolverine Access to confirm your current address, residency status and benefits enrollment (if applicable). The U-M Benefits Office will e-mail you if there is a change in your benefit enrollment status or options. You need to confirm your benefits in Wolverine Access before they are able to be used.
- If you have not already done so, enroll in direct deposit through the U-M Payroll Office.
- Confirm that you have registered correctly in order for the fellowship to be released.
Be sure to keep copies of all correspondence regarding your award.
We’re Here to Help You!
If you have questions about funding, please contact the Rackham Graduate School Fellowships Office at (734) 764-8119 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Author
Douglas Keasal, Senior Fellowships Officer, Rackham Graduate School
Published in: Professional Development