As a part of your research, you may need to travel, conduct field work, perform archival study, gain access to datasets, purchase special materials, conduct surveys, pay participants, etc.
The Rackham Graduate Student Research Grant is designed to support Rackham graduate students who need assistance to carry out their research and advance their progress toward their degree. Both master’s and doctoral students are eligible for a research grant.
The grant is intended to defray costs of conducting
clearly defined research projects including:
- Research related expenses (e.g.,subject fees, access to specialized data sets, purchase of archival materials or images, laboratory supplies that will be consumed in the course of the project)
- Research-based travel not associated with a course (e.g., off-campus data collection, access to libraries, archives or historical sites)
- Purchasing laboratory equipment, field work equipment or specialized computer software (NOTE: This type of expense has some special limitations.)
- Off-campus study of foreign languages needed for research
- Off-campus study of specialized methodologies or techniques needed for research
Grant Eligibility as of Fall 2011
- Master’s students are eligible for an award up to $1,500
- Precandidates are eligible for an award up to $1,500
- Candidates are eligible for an award up to $3,000
If you have questions about funding, please contact the Rackham Graduate School Fellowships Office at 734-764-8119 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re here to help you!
About the Author
Douglas Keasal, Senior Fellowships Officer, Rackham Graduate School