Using eShip Global for Immigration Documents
All immigration documents (I-20 or DS-2019) that are mailed outside the U.S. are sent express mail using an eShip Global account. Set up an eShip Global account after uploading your required documents for faster, more reliable delivery. Allow 14 business days for Rackham to complete the processing of your I-20 or DS-2019.
When setting up your eShip Global account:
- Have your University of Michigan Identification (UMID) number ready.
- Select “Rackham Graduate School” for “department.”
- If you have questions or need to change your shipping details, please visit eShip Global's Help section or contact eShip Global at email@example.com.
- Your credit card will not be charged till your immigration documents are shipped.
If you are local, Rackham Admissions will email you when your I-20 or DS-2019 is ready for pick up. Email Rackham Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org if you will have someone to pick up the document for you.
When to Make Your Travel Arrangements
Regarding Your Reporting Date
- Make your travel arrangements after you have been informed of the reporting date on your immigration document (I-20 or DS-2019). The reporting date will appear in Wolverine Access after your immigration document is issued. The reporting date will not be changed to accommodate personal reasons or plane reservations.
- The reporting date on your immigration document is determined by the federal immigration regulations and allows you to participate in university activities and the mandatory International Center SEVIS check-in before classes begin.
- You are allowed to enter the U.S. no earlier than 30 days prior to the reporting date on the immigration document.
- You may be prohibited entry into the U.S. at an immigration checkpoint if you arrive after the reporting date indicated on your immigration document.
Regarding Your Visa
- Make a visa appointment after you receive your immigration document (I-20 or DS-2019).
- Complete the International Center’s Visa Assistance form if you experience a delay in receiving your visa.
Immunizations for International Students
The University of Michigan does not require immunizations. However, it is recommended that students come to school fully immunized to protect their health. Immunizations are one of the most effective public health measures in preventing communicable diseases. Immunization recommendations can be found at University Health Service (UHS).
Last updated: April 9, 2018 - 4:31pm