Check the Status of Your Application
Once the Application Has Been Received by Rackham
You will be able to review your application status in Wolverine Access. The Rackham Graduate School will send an e-mail notification that directs you to this system.
Notifications to Expect
You will receive two e-mails from Rackham after you submit the application.
- On the day you submit the application you will receive an e-mail which acknowledges the successful submission of your application
- A second e-mail will arrive, in approximately 7 business days, acknowledging that Rackham has received your application. This e-mail provides your University of Michigan identification number (UMID) and information on how to use the Wolverine Access system to verify your application information.
Logging Into Wolverine Access
For Applicants Who Are Current Students or Employees
For Applicants New to the University
This is a 2-step process:
- Create a University of Michigan Friend Account. To request a Friend Account enter your e-mail address into the Friend Account Request Form. Instructions for creating a U-M Friend Account are available on the Information and Technology Services website.
- Log into Wolverine Access. After you create your University of Michigan Friend Account visit Wolverine Access and click New and Prospective Student Business. You will be asked to enter the e-mail address and password for your University of Michigan Friend Account. Next you will enter your University of Michigan ID number and birth date.
Using Wolverine Access
Through your Wolverine Access account you will be able to:
- Verify the application information you submitted
- View the transcripts representing a Bachelor’s, Master’s, Professional, and/or Doctoral degree that are received.
- View exam and test dates the Rackham Graduate School has on file
- Update your address, phone number, and e-mail address as necessary
Allow 10 business days, after creating your account, to verify that your application and materials have been received in Wolverine Access.
Recommendations can be tracked through the Activity page of your ApplyWeb Account, not Wolverine Access.
Documents Not Tracked by Wolverine Access
- Application PDF forms
- Written Essays (Statement of purpose, writing samples, etc.)
- Transcripts representing Community or Junior College, Non-degree Study, and/or Study Abroad coursework
If you provide a transcript/academic record through the online application, these transcripts/academic records will display as “Not Received.” Only official transcripts/academic records for Bachelor’s, Master’s, Professional, and/or Doctoral degrees received by the Rackham Graduate School as an e-transcript or mailed sealed in an envelope issued directly by the issuing institution will display as “received.”
More to say? Give us your feedback!